Home Depot Center to be renamed StubHub Center
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A name change is coming to the Home Depot Center in Carson. The complex, known as the home of the Los Angeles Galaxy and Chivas USA Major League Soccer teams, will become the StubHub Center on June 1.
Financial details of the agreement between StubHub and the stadium's management company, AEG, weren't available.
The deal includes advertising signs throughout the center and on digital billboards alongside nearby freeways. This is the first naming rights venture for the San Francisco-based online ticket retailer.
The 125-acre facility has been known as the Home Depot Center since it opened 10 years ago. Home Depot paid $70 million for a 10-year deal. The company declined to renew.
StubHub Center will remain an official U.S. Olympic and Paralympic training site, and a training center for the U.S. Soccer Federation, the U.S. Tennis Association and USA Cycling.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles galaxy, business
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach 56 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds