Los Angeles News
Sherman Oaks smash and grab burglar strikes more stores
SHERMAN OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- The Sherman Oaks neighborhood is on alert as police try to track down a thief targeting stores along Ventura Boulevard.
In the latest incident, a smash and grab burglar used a brick to break the glass door of a T.J. Maxx around 4:30 a.m. Sunday. The burglar rushed in and out in a matter of seconds with several women's purses.
The second latest smash and grab burglary was reported at an AT&T store about half a mile away from the clothing store. Surveillance video captured the burglar breaking the business' glass door before stealing several phones.
In all, seven crimes of this type have been committed along Ventura Boulevard between Woodman Avenue and Sepulveda Boulevard over the past two weeks.
Police believe the same thief is responsible for the burglaries partly due to the fact that the suspect has used the same method to break in to the businesses.
Anyone with information regarding the burglaries was urged to contact LAPD at (877) 527-3247.
burglary, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case 25 min ago
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Unsolved murder mystery revealed in doc
30 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
18 min ago