Los Angeles News
Sherman Oaks smash and grab burglar strikes more stores
SHERMAN OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- The Sherman Oaks neighborhood is on alert as police try to track down a thief targeting stores along Ventura Boulevard.
In the latest incident, a smash and grab burglar used a brick to break the glass door of a T.J. Maxx around 4:30 a.m. Sunday. The burglar rushed in and out in a matter of seconds with several women's purses.
The second latest smash and grab burglary was reported at an AT&T store about half a mile away from the clothing store. Surveillance video captured the burglar breaking the business' glass door before stealing several phones.
In all, seven crimes of this type have been committed along Ventura Boulevard between Woodman Avenue and Sepulveda Boulevard over the past two weeks.
Police believe the same thief is responsible for the burglaries partly due to the fact that the suspect has used the same method to break in to the businesses.
Anyone with information regarding the burglaries was urged to contact LAPD at (877) 527-3247.
burglary, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained 28 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 21 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue 12 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour 33 min ago