Los Angeles News
UCLA-area attempted sexual assault suspect caught
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 22-year-old Culver City man was arrested, accused for attempting to sexually assault a University of California, Los Angeles student.
Officers say the crime happened at around 2:20 p.m. Feb. 28 in the 400 block of Landfair Avenue in a residential area of Westwood, west of the UCLA campus.
The victim screamed and the suspect took off. A roommate called police, who then detained Evan Ryan Baldwin less than 10 minutes later near the corner of Veteran and Weyburn avenues.
The victim was not injured.
Baldwin is being held on $1 million bail.
los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe? 27 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- Bear cub frequents Duarte for snacks
3 min ago