Los Angeles News
Rape suspect arrested after DNA evidence linked him to September 2012 case
GARDENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Redondo Beach man is behind bars after DNA evidence linked him to a rape case last September.
Authorities say Corey Stewart, who was arrested last week, befriended the victim on the social networking site, Tagged.com. Investigators say he used his profile to lure the woman to a supposed job interview.
Instead, police say Stewart drove the victim to Gardena and raped her at gunpoint.
He is being held on $1 million bail.
The victim told police that Stewart's car was set up so that the passenger could not exit. The door handles and locking devices were disabled. The victim also described the front passenger seat as being able to recline to a fully flat position.
Detectives also believe Stewart may have an accomplice, who may be using the same doctored vehicle to commit similar crimes.
The car is described as an early 2000 model black Ford Explorer.
If you can help or know of any more victims, please call the Gardena Police Department at (310) 217-9635.
arrest, los angeles news
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- Citibank in Tarzana robbed; suspects get away
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water 44 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens 29 min ago
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'