Los Angeles News
Hollywood Bowl to offer naming rights for donors
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A bit of the Hollywood Bowl is up for sale. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will begin to offer naming rights to parts of the iconic concert venue.
That means certain areas, such as the box office plaza, the main stage and the conductor's suite, would be named after donors.
Those donors will not be allowed to put their names on the Bowl shell and the name of the amphitheatre itself will remain The Hollywood Bowl.
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors signed off on the plan Tuesday. Money raised will go toward various improvements at the Bowl.
music news, hollywood bowl, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 43 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 5 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 4 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 13 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 18 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...