Los Angeles News
Whittier kidnap suspect nabbed by witnesses
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A registered sex offender was arrested after he allegedly tried to grab a woman he just met and pull her into an alley, Whittier police said.
David Polanco, 41, was arrested around 2 p.m. Wednesday on the 6700 Block of Greenleaf Avenue. According to investigators, the 18-year-old victim met the suspect earlier in the day and spent hours walking with him in the Uptown Whittier area.
The victim told police that at some point Polanco grabbed her around the waist from behind and attempted to pull her into an alley. Witnesses who saw the victim struggle with Polanco called police.
Polanco tried to flee, but some witnesses detained him until authorities arrived. He was charged with kidnapping and held on $100,050 bail.
Investigators said Thursday that Polanco is not believed to have been involved in recent kidnapping attempts in Whittier.
kidnap, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 24 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 4 min ago
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 55 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced 26 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 48 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book