Los Angeles News
Whittier kidnap suspect nabbed by witnesses
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A registered sex offender was arrested after he allegedly tried to grab a woman he just met and pull her into an alley, Whittier police said.
David Polanco, 41, was arrested around 2 p.m. Wednesday on the 6700 Block of Greenleaf Avenue. According to investigators, the 18-year-old victim met the suspect earlier in the day and spent hours walking with him in the Uptown Whittier area.
The victim told police that at some point Polanco grabbed her around the waist from behind and attempted to pull her into an alley. Witnesses who saw the victim struggle with Polanco called police.
Polanco tried to flee, but some witnesses detained him until authorities arrived. He was charged with kidnapping and held on $100,050 bail.
Investigators said Thursday that Polanco is not believed to have been involved in recent kidnapping attempts in Whittier.
kidnap, los angeles news
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters 20 min ago
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people 4 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video