Los Angeles News
Whittier kidnap suspect nabbed by witnesses
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A registered sex offender was arrested after he allegedly tried to grab a woman he just met and pull her into an alley, Whittier police said.
David Polanco, 41, was arrested around 2 p.m. Wednesday on the 6700 Block of Greenleaf Avenue. According to investigators, the 18-year-old victim met the suspect earlier in the day and spent hours walking with him in the Uptown Whittier area.
The victim told police that at some point Polanco grabbed her around the waist from behind and attempted to pull her into an alley. Witnesses who saw the victim struggle with Polanco called police.
Polanco tried to flee, but some witnesses detained him until authorities arrived. He was charged with kidnapping and held on $100,050 bail.
Investigators said Thursday that Polanco is not believed to have been involved in recent kidnapping attempts in Whittier.
kidnap, los angeles news
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting 6 min ago
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought 53 min ago
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 38 min ago
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple 20 min ago
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate