Los Angeles News
Whittier kidnap suspect nabbed by witnesses
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A registered sex offender was arrested after he allegedly tried to grab a woman he just met and pull her into an alley, Whittier police said.
David Polanco, 41, was arrested around 2 p.m. Wednesday on the 6700 Block of Greenleaf Avenue. According to investigators, the 18-year-old victim met the suspect earlier in the day and spent hours walking with him in the Uptown Whittier area.
The victim told police that at some point Polanco grabbed her around the waist from behind and attempted to pull her into an alley. Witnesses who saw the victim struggle with Polanco called police.
Polanco tried to flee, but some witnesses detained him until authorities arrived. He was charged with kidnapping and held on $100,050 bail.
Investigators said Thursday that Polanco is not believed to have been involved in recent kidnapping attempts in Whittier.
kidnap, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 57 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry