Los Angeles News
Attempted Wienerschnitzel burglary in San Pedro caught on tape; 1 sought
SAN PEDRO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A failed burglary attempt by two young men was caught on tape at a Wienerschnitzel restaurant in San Pedro. One of the suspects has been captured, but the other remains outstanding.
The incident happened Jan. 26 around 2:30 a.m. at the Wienerschnitzel on the 200 block of North Gaffey Street.
The video shows one young man throwing a rock, breaking the drive-thru window. Then, he and his companion try to reach in and grab the cash drawer. They had no luck, so one of the suspects tried to squeeze through the window. Police say he pulled out the cash drawer but it was empty. The two men left, empty handed.
One of the suspects, 19-year-old Michael Alvarez of San Pedro, has since been arrested and convicted of the crime.
Police are still trying to locate his accomplice, seen in the video wearing a plain black hoodie. Anyone with information is asked to call LAPD detectives at (310) 726-7853.
caught on tape, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate