Los Angeles News
Attempted Wienerschnitzel burglary in San Pedro caught on tape; 1 sought
SAN PEDRO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A failed burglary attempt by two young men was caught on tape at a Wienerschnitzel restaurant in San Pedro. One of the suspects has been captured, but the other remains outstanding.
The incident happened Jan. 26 around 2:30 a.m. at the Wienerschnitzel on the 200 block of North Gaffey Street.
The video shows one young man throwing a rock, breaking the drive-thru window. Then, he and his companion try to reach in and grab the cash drawer. They had no luck, so one of the suspects tried to squeeze through the window. Police say he pulled out the cash drawer but it was empty. The two men left, empty handed.
One of the suspects, 19-year-old Michael Alvarez of San Pedro, has since been arrested and convicted of the crime.
Police are still trying to locate his accomplice, seen in the video wearing a plain black hoodie. Anyone with information is asked to call LAPD detectives at (310) 726-7853.
caught on tape, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea 45 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 16 min ago
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report