Los Angeles News
Attempted Wienerschnitzel burglary in San Pedro caught on tape; 1 sought
SAN PEDRO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A failed burglary attempt by two young men was caught on tape at a Wienerschnitzel restaurant in San Pedro. One of the suspects has been captured, but the other remains outstanding.
The incident happened Jan. 26 around 2:30 a.m. at the Wienerschnitzel on the 200 block of North Gaffey Street.
The video shows one young man throwing a rock, breaking the drive-thru window. Then, he and his companion try to reach in and grab the cash drawer. They had no luck, so one of the suspects tried to squeeze through the window. Police say he pulled out the cash drawer but it was empty. The two men left, empty handed.
One of the suspects, 19-year-old Michael Alvarez of San Pedro, has since been arrested and convicted of the crime.
Police are still trying to locate his accomplice, seen in the video wearing a plain black hoodie. Anyone with information is asked to call LAPD detectives at (310) 726-7853.
caught on tape, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 37 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds 12 min ago
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail 44 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
39 min ago