Los Angeles News
SUV careens into tree off 134 Freeway in Glendale; 1 killed
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was killed when the SUV she was in struck a tree near an off-ramp of the 134 Freeway in Glendale Saturday.
The incident happened at about 2 a.m. on the Pacific Avenue off-ramp. Investigators say a man driving the Toyota SUV lost control of the vehicle and crashed.
The woman, who was a passenger, died at the scene. The driver, only identified as a 45-year-old man, was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, according to California Highway Patrol.
The off-ramp was closed for several hours as emergency crews cleared the scene.
There was no word on whether wet roads contributed to the crash.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
car crash, los angeles news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven 32 min ago
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list