Los Angeles News
SUV careens into tree off 134 Freeway in Glendale; 1 killed
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was killed when the SUV she was in struck a tree near an off-ramp of the 134 Freeway in Glendale Saturday.
The incident happened at about 2 a.m. on the Pacific Avenue off-ramp. Investigators say a man driving the Toyota SUV lost control of the vehicle and crashed.
The woman, who was a passenger, died at the scene. The driver, only identified as a 45-year-old man, was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, according to California Highway Patrol.
The off-ramp was closed for several hours as emergency crews cleared the scene.
There was no word on whether wet roads contributed to the crash.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
car crash, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled 36 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis