Los Angeles News
SUV careens into tree off 134 Freeway in Glendale; 1 killed
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was killed when the SUV she was in struck a tree near an off-ramp of the 134 Freeway in Glendale Saturday.
The incident happened at about 2 a.m. on the Pacific Avenue off-ramp. Investigators say a man driving the Toyota SUV lost control of the vehicle and crashed.
The woman, who was a passenger, died at the scene. The driver, only identified as a 45-year-old man, was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, according to California Highway Patrol.
The off-ramp was closed for several hours as emergency crews cleared the scene.
There was no word on whether wet roads contributed to the crash.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
car crash, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months