Los Angeles News
Granada Hills death likely drug overdose - police
GRANADA HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Investigators say a drug overdose may have led to the death of a woman, whose body was found outside of a Granada Hills home.
The body was found in the 10000 block of Encino Avenue near Devonshire Street at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The woman has not been identified. Police describe her as white and between 30 and 35 years old.
The exact circumstances surrounding how the body ended up at the scene remains unclear, but authorities confirmed to Eyewitness News that drugs likely played a role.
Investigators removed a car from the house near the body's location to check for possible evidence.
body found, san fernando valley, homicide investigation, los angeles news, sid garcia
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash 12 min ago
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 6 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Cañada Flintridge 37 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 50 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 27 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 31 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks