Los Angeles News
Father holds 1-year-old daughter hostage in LAPD standoff
BALDWIN VILLAGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A father was taken into custody Thursday night after he held his 1-year-old daughter hostage in a standoff with the LAPD in Baldwin Village.
The LAPD says the standoff started around 7:15 p.m. in the 3400 block of South Redondo. The father was in a vehicle with his 1-year-old daughter and refused to come out. He made threats that he would not let baby go.
The suspect later moved inside a house with the child before the baby was safely recovered and the father was taken into custody just before 11 p.m.
The girl's mother reportedly aided the LAPD in resolving the situation peacefully. The girl's mother says the father had a handgun, although officers initally said they did not see a weapon.
los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 22 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 14 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer 35 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Lighting up historic Broadway Theatre...
41 min ago
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
3 min ago