Los Angeles News
Father holds 1-year-old daughter hostage in LAPD standoff
BALDWIN VILLAGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A father was taken into custody Thursday night after he held his 1-year-old daughter hostage in a standoff with the LAPD in Baldwin Village.
The LAPD says the standoff started around 7:15 p.m. in the 3400 block of South Redondo. The father was in a vehicle with his 1-year-old daughter and refused to come out. He made threats that he would not let baby go.
The suspect later moved inside a house with the child before the baby was safely recovered and the father was taken into custody just before 11 p.m.
The girl's mother reportedly aided the LAPD in resolving the situation peacefully. The girl's mother says the father had a handgun, although officers initally said they did not see a weapon.
los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 6 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 25 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who pranked NFL coaches arrested by LAPD 13 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- How healthy is flavoring up your water?
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Shop for gifts in Downtown LA this Christmas
52 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
48 min ago