Los Angeles News
Pasadena suspects escape after deputy shooting
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two suspects who fired on two plainclothes deputies in Pasadena remain on the loose Friday.
Authorities say deputies were working with Pasadena Police detectives in a joint investigation.
The suspects collided into the deputies' vehicle without notice around 12:20 p.m. Thursday. The suspects got out of the car and fled, and at least one suspect fired at the deputies.
Deputies returned fire, but it was unknown if the suspects were hit. No officers were injured.
A large containment was immediately set up, but after eight hours of searching with dogs and helicopters, the search was called off.
The suspects were both described as male black, 18 to 25 years of age, thin build, wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans.
The incident remains under investigation. Anyone with information is urged to call the Pasadena Police Department at (626) 744-4241 or the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 890-5500.
pasadena, shooting, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Malibu whales caught on drone camera
26 min ago