Los Angeles News
Pasadena suspects escape after deputy shooting
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two suspects who fired on two plainclothes deputies in Pasadena remain on the loose Friday.
Authorities say deputies were working with Pasadena Police detectives in a joint investigation.
The suspects collided into the deputies' vehicle without notice around 12:20 p.m. Thursday. The suspects got out of the car and fled, and at least one suspect fired at the deputies.
Deputies returned fire, but it was unknown if the suspects were hit. No officers were injured.
A large containment was immediately set up, but after eight hours of searching with dogs and helicopters, the search was called off.
The suspects were both described as male black, 18 to 25 years of age, thin build, wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans.
The incident remains under investigation. Anyone with information is urged to call the Pasadena Police Department at (626) 744-4241 or the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 890-5500.
pasadena, shooting, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt 6 min ago
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators 50 min ago
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians