Los Angeles News
Man suspected of shooting, killing estranged wife in Montebello
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- A manhunt is underway for a man suspected of opening fire on his estranged wife outside a Montebello restaurant Saturday.
Investigators say the gunfire rang out around 8:17 a.m. in the parking lot of a Mexican diner in the 100 block of West Washington Boulevard where the victim, 24-year-old Soria Esperanza, worked.
Investigators say she was sitting in her car when she was approached by her estranged husband, 29-year-old Arthur Andrade. An argument ensued and Andrade allegedly pulled out a gun and shot her several times in the upper body. Andrade then fled in a dark colored vehicle. Esperanza was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say the couple has been married four years. Andrade lives in Tustin, one of the areas authorities are now investigating. Investigators say the couple had a violent relationship and Esperanza had filed a restraining order against Andrade. According to court documents, the couple was due in court on Wednesday.
"They had been having problems for a long time, a lot of domestic violence issues, so he probably has a temper," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lt. John Corina. "That's why we're asking the public if you see the guy, call us or call the local police department."
The murder has shaken residents in the neighborhood.
"I don't like it, because you get nervous, it's so close to my house," said Thelma Banuelos.
Andrade is described as male Hispanic, 6 feet tall, 180 pounds and has black hair and hazel eyes. Andrade is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Los Angeles County Sheriff's homicide detectives at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 16 min ago
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies 28 min ago
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany 51 min ago
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K 9 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)