Los Angeles News
Man suspected of shooting, killing estranged wife in Montebello
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- A manhunt is underway for a man suspected of opening fire on his estranged wife outside a Montebello restaurant Saturday.
Investigators say the gunfire rang out around 8:17 a.m. in the parking lot of a Mexican diner in the 100 block of West Washington Boulevard where the victim, 24-year-old Soria Esperanza, worked.
Investigators say she was sitting in her car when she was approached by her estranged husband, 29-year-old Arthur Andrade. An argument ensued and Andrade allegedly pulled out a gun and shot her several times in the upper body. Andrade then fled in a dark colored vehicle. Esperanza was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say the couple has been married four years. Andrade lives in Tustin, one of the areas authorities are now investigating. Investigators say the couple had a violent relationship and Esperanza had filed a restraining order against Andrade. According to court documents, the couple was due in court on Wednesday.
"They had been having problems for a long time, a lot of domestic violence issues, so he probably has a temper," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lt. John Corina. "That's why we're asking the public if you see the guy, call us or call the local police department."
The murder has shaken residents in the neighborhood.
"I don't like it, because you get nervous, it's so close to my house," said Thelma Banuelos.
Andrade is described as male Hispanic, 6 feet tall, 180 pounds and has black hair and hazel eyes. Andrade is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Los Angeles County Sheriff's homicide detectives at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- IE suspect found after escaping from police 16 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 17 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants