Los Angeles News
Attorney who smuggled drugs in LA courthouse sentenced
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An attorney who pleaded no contest to smuggling thousands of dollars worth of drugs into the L.A. County Courthouse has been sentenced.
Kenneth Markman will serve a year in a treatment program and three years on probation. He was arrested in October 2011 while trying to meet with a client.
A security guard found several balloons filled with heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana on an X-ray machine.
Authorities estimate the drugs were valued at about $30,000.
los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 28 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 20 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack 31 min ago
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries 49 min ago
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Woman's remains found at OC wilderness park
52 min ago