Los Angeles News
Attorney who smuggled drugs in LA courthouse sentenced
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An attorney who pleaded no contest to smuggling thousands of dollars worth of drugs into the L.A. County Courthouse has been sentenced.
Kenneth Markman will serve a year in a treatment program and three years on probation. He was arrested in October 2011 while trying to meet with a client.
A security guard found several balloons filled with heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana on an X-ray machine.
Authorities estimate the drugs were valued at about $30,000.
los angeles news
- Covina shooting: Adult, 4-year-old girl hurt
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl 34 min ago
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)