Los Angeles News
Pomona police shoot, kill armed woman at motel
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- An armed woman was shot and killed by Pomona police on Saturday, authorities said.
The incident occurred at the Deluxe Motel located in the 900 block of West Holt Avenue shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday. Sheriff's officials say members of a gang task force were driving through the motel's parking lot when they confronted the woman. Officials say the woman flashed her firearm, and that's when officers fired.
It's unknown if the woman tried to fire back. No officers were hurt.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police had been beefing up patrols in the same area, west of downtown, following an escalation of violence, including the killings of four young men within just six days.
The incident remains under investigation. If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots 6 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 31 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report