Los Angeles News
Grauman's Million Dollar Theater to offer tours soon
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Grauman's Million Dollar Theater will soon be open for tours after being vacant since last June.
Eyewitness News got a sneak peek of the historic downtown Los Angeles landmark on Saturday.
The goal of the upcoming tours is to help revitalize the Broadway Theater District.
"The tour will basically take our guests from the basement to the projection booth and all points in between. We think it's a really good way to build awareness of these theaters and to help save them and bring them back to life," said Hillsman Wright with the Los Angeles Historic Theatre Foundation.
Restoration plans are in the works for the Million Dollar Theater. Organizers say the outcome of the upcoming tours will help determine long-touted intentions of turning the 12 other theatres on Broadway into a live entertainment district.
Wright said the Los Angeles Historic Theatre Foundation plans to open the theater on March 23.
downtown, los angeles news
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 27 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 45 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 15 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)