Los Angeles News
Grauman's Million Dollar Theater to offer tours soon
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Grauman's Million Dollar Theater will soon be open for tours after being vacant since last June.
Eyewitness News got a sneak peek of the historic downtown Los Angeles landmark on Saturday.
The goal of the upcoming tours is to help revitalize the Broadway Theater District.
"The tour will basically take our guests from the basement to the projection booth and all points in between. We think it's a really good way to build awareness of these theaters and to help save them and bring them back to life," said Hillsman Wright with the Los Angeles Historic Theatre Foundation.
Restoration plans are in the works for the Million Dollar Theater. Organizers say the outcome of the upcoming tours will help determine long-touted intentions of turning the 12 other theatres on Broadway into a live entertainment district.
Wright said the Los Angeles Historic Theatre Foundation plans to open the theater on March 23.
downtown, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- Toronto mayor denies crack cocaine video
4 min ago