Los Angeles News
Grauman's Million Dollar Theater to offer tours soon
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Grauman's Million Dollar Theater will soon be open for tours after being vacant since last June.
Eyewitness News got a sneak peek of the historic downtown Los Angeles landmark on Saturday.
The goal of the upcoming tours is to help revitalize the Broadway Theater District.
"The tour will basically take our guests from the basement to the projection booth and all points in between. We think it's a really good way to build awareness of these theaters and to help save them and bring them back to life," said Hillsman Wright with the Los Angeles Historic Theatre Foundation.
Restoration plans are in the works for the Million Dollar Theater. Organizers say the outcome of the upcoming tours will help determine long-touted intentions of turning the 12 other theatres on Broadway into a live entertainment district.
Wright said the Los Angeles Historic Theatre Foundation plans to open the theater on March 23.
downtown, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 40 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 10 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds