Los Angeles News
Sport Chalet explosion victim still in critical condition, husband says
LA CAÑADA FLINTRIDGE, Calif. (KABC) -- It's going to be a long road to recovery for two people injured in a blast at a sporting goods store in La Canada Flintridge.
Lauren Polzin and her manager suffered severe burns on March 1 after an explosion at a Sport Chalet store.
Polzin's husband told Eyewitness News that his wife is still in critical, but stable condition.
"Until we get through all the surgeries, until we start doing skin grafts, we really don't know what's going to be fixed, what's going to be life long, what's going to be healed through therapy, or what's in between," said Neil Polzin.
While the cause of the blast is under investigation, firefighters say a natural gas leak may be to blame.
Sport Chalet, Inc. is planning to hold a blood drive for the victims on Tuesday, March 26, at its corporate offices located on One Sport Chalet Drive in La Canada from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
los angeles county fire department, explosion, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 6 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 12 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe 5 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Evangeline Lilly talks 'The Hobbit' film
55 min ago