Los Angeles News
2 shot outside party in El Sereno drive-by
EL SERENO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two men have been hospitalized following an apparent-drive by shooting outside a house party in El Sereno Sunday.
The shooting occurred in the front yard of a home in the 4500 block of Huntington Drive around 9 p.m.
Lt. Carlos Solano of the Los Angeles Police Department's Hollenbeck Station said a gold Toyota Camry pulled up to the crowd of people standing on the front yard and asked the guests where they were from.
"They said, 'we are not gang members,' and 18 rounds were fired from the car," Solano said.
The suspects then fled the scene.
The two wounded victims were rushed to County-USC Medical Center following the shooting. One man remains in critical condition after he was shot in the back but is expected to survive.
The second male victim suffered three graze wounds to his back and one to the posterior.
The investigation is ongoing.
CNS contributed to this report.
shooting, gang activity, los angeles news
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theatre 25 min ago
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash 32 min ago
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Selena Gomez stuns at Billboard Awards