Los Angeles News
Echo Park officer-involved shooting under investigation
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was hospitalized in critical condition following an officer-involved shooting in the Echo Park section of Los Angeles Tuesday.
The shooting occurred near Sunset Boulevard and Echo Park Avenue around 12:15 a.m.
According to authorities, officers responded to the location following reports of an armed man shooting a gun. Arriving officers spotted a man matching the suspect's description and chased him on foot.
That's when police say the suspect turned and pointed an unknown object at the pursuing officers and an officer-involved shooting ensued.
The man, identified as a man between 35 to 40 years old, was hospitalized in critical but stable condition following the shooting.
Police say he was unarmed at the time of his arrest.
The incident remains under investigation.
pursuit, officer-involved shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 21 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 26 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video