Los Angeles News
Echo Park officer-involved shooting under investigation
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was hospitalized in critical condition following an officer-involved shooting in the Echo Park section of Los Angeles Tuesday.
The shooting occurred near Sunset Boulevard and Echo Park Avenue around 12:15 a.m.
According to authorities, officers responded to the location following reports of an armed man shooting a gun. Arriving officers spotted a man matching the suspect's description and chased him on foot.
That's when police say the suspect turned and pointed an unknown object at the pursuing officers and an officer-involved shooting ensued.
The man, identified as a man between 35 to 40 years old, was hospitalized in critical but stable condition following the shooting.
Police say he was unarmed at the time of his arrest.
The incident remains under investigation.
pursuit, officer-involved shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide