Los Angeles News
Echo Park officer-involved shooting under investigation
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was hospitalized in critical condition following an officer-involved shooting in the Echo Park section of Los Angeles Tuesday.
The shooting occurred near Sunset Boulevard and Echo Park Avenue around 12:15 a.m.
According to authorities, officers responded to the location following reports of an armed man shooting a gun. Arriving officers spotted a man matching the suspect's description and chased him on foot.
That's when police say the suspect turned and pointed an unknown object at the pursuing officers and an officer-involved shooting ensued.
The man, identified as a man between 35 to 40 years old, was hospitalized in critical but stable condition following the shooting.
Police say he was unarmed at the time of his arrest.
The incident remains under investigation.
pursuit, officer-involved shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 19 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 2 min ago
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist 19 min ago
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'