Los Angeles News
Suspects arrested in El Segundo counterfeit ring
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (KABC) -- Four suspects were arrested and a fifth was outstanding in a counterfeit currency investigation.
El Segundo Police officers and detectives began investigating a hotel in the city on March 14. They determined a guest at the hotel was allegedly in possession of a large quantity of counterfeit credit cards, counterfeit U.S. currency and drug paraphernalia.
Police served a search warrant at the location and found further evidence, including counterfeit U.S. currency, blank credit cards, a credit card embosser and paperwork listing victims' personal finance information. Drugs were also found at the location.
Additional suspects arrived at the location during the course of the investigation and were arrested for associated crimes, according to police.
One of the suspects saw officers at the location and fled on foot after throwing away a firearm. The suspect, Joey Lizarraga, was arrested and the gun was located. The gun was determined to have been recently stolen out of Henderson, Nev.
One of the arrested suspects, Alexa Garrido, is a felon who was free on bail following a felony arrest just three days prior, according to police.
Another arrested suspect, Tony Dennis, is a felon and is currently on probation for narcotics violations and assault. Morgan Ryan was also arrested.
A fifth suspect, Ryan Stirling, was identified. Police were seeking his arrest.
Stirling and Lizarraga were both released due to the state prison "realignment" program known as the Post Release Community Supervision. They both have no bail warrants for violating their respective probations, according to police. Both men are felons and have extensive criminal records involving controlled substances, fraud, theft and violent offenses.
arrest, south bay, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 34 min ago
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin 14 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition 6 min ago
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- El Nino watch: Cycle possible next winter
13 min ago