Los Angeles News
USC student dies in Cabo San Lucas
CABO SAN LUCAS, Mexico (KABC) -- A University of Southern California student died in a tragic spring break accident in Cabo San Lucas.
Samuel Levine, 22, reportedly fell to his death from a sixth floor balcony at a hotel Tuesday. The exact circumstances are not yet clear, but Mexican police say he died of severe head trauma.
USC issued a statement saying in part, "Sam touched so many of us here at USC with his talents and ambition, and we all grieve for his incredibly promising life that was tragically cut short."
Levine was majoring in psychology and was a member of Sigma Chi fraternity.
"We are very saddened by the loss of life" said Sigma Chi's executive director at the fraternity's Indiana headquarters. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Samuel's family and everybody who has been touched by this."
los angeles news, melissa macbride
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- Bariatric surgery improves health over years 33 min ago
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
21 min ago