Los Angeles News
LA high school senior asks Kate Upton to prom, she says maybe
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- High school senior Jake Davidson is hoping to have a special lady on his arm when he arrives to his prom.
Jake, 17, of Sherman Oaks, created a YouTube video to ask Sports Illustrated supermodel Kate Upton to the big dance - and as you can imagine, the video invite has gone viral since it was posted Sunday.
"She likes sports, nice personality, just everything about her screams perfect prom date, and I want the perfect prom date," Jake said.
Jake figured he had nothing to lose. As it turns out, he's actually got a chance. Upton, 20, tweeted one response so far, and it's a strong maybe.
"How could I turn down that video! I'll check my schedule," Upton's tweet said in part, ending in a winky face.
In the meantime, Jake said he is waiting to see if his dream prom date will come true.
"I will take a maybe and run with a maybe and thank you Kate for giving me a maybe," Jake said.
Talia Myers, Jake's family friend who goes to USC film school, said the 1-minute-and-46-second video took about five hours to film and 20 minutes to edit.
celebrity, technology, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC 11 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present 9 min ago
- Two smart watch models put to the test
45 min ago