Los Angeles News
Long Beach police officer-involved shootings under investigation
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- An officer-involved shooting in Long Beach Thursday was the second shooting to happen in the city over the last five days.
The latest shooting occurred on the 4500 block of Orange Avenue Thursday.
Police were searching for a felony robbery suspect around 10: 40 p.m. when an officer located the suspect and allegedly shot him.
The suspect was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
It's unclear what caused the officer to open fire.
On Monday, police exchanged gunfire with a suspected gang member who then fled on food in the area of 8th Street and Daisy Avenue.
A SWAT team temporarily locked down the area and a number of residents were evacuated and several streets in the area closed, as police searched for the suspect. That person has since been arrested.
The shootings remain under investigation.
officer-involved shooting, long beach, los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)