Los Angeles News
Stolen car victim uses Craigslist to nab auto theft suspect
COMPTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A little bit of sleuthing helped one local man get his stolen car back.
Investigators say the car's owner discovered that his stolen car was being advertised for sale on Craigslist.
That's when the owner called detectives at the Compton sheriff's station who prepared search warrants at two locations and arrested the suspect.
The suspect had reportedly sold the car to someone in East Los Angeles, but detectives recovered the car and returned it to its rightful owner.
arrest, los angeles news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event