Los Angeles News
Stolen car victim uses Craigslist to nab auto theft suspect
COMPTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A little bit of sleuthing helped one local man get his stolen car back.
Investigators say the car's owner discovered that his stolen car was being advertised for sale on Craigslist.
That's when the owner called detectives at the Compton sheriff's station who prepared search warrants at two locations and arrested the suspect.
The suspect had reportedly sold the car to someone in East Los Angeles, but detectives recovered the car and returned it to its rightful owner.
arrest, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 12 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
17 min ago