Los Angeles News
Stolen car victim uses Craigslist to nab auto theft suspect
COMPTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A little bit of sleuthing helped one local man get his stolen car back.
Investigators say the car's owner discovered that his stolen car was being advertised for sale on Craigslist.
That's when the owner called detectives at the Compton sheriff's station who prepared search warrants at two locations and arrested the suspect.
The suspect had reportedly sold the car to someone in East Los Angeles, but detectives recovered the car and returned it to its rightful owner.
arrest, los angeles news
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace 52 min ago
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- James Franco seeks $500K to bankroll movies 37 min ago
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)