Los Angeles News
LADWP worker found dead inside LB power plant; worker ID'd
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles Department of Water & Power employee was found dead Saturday at the Haynes Generating Station in Long Beach.
Officials say the body was found around 1:30 a.m. in an area away from construction activity. The body was later identified as 60-year-old Vincent Martinez of Downey.
"This is a tragic loss and tragedy for our employee's family and our entire LADWP family," said Aram Benyamin, Senior Assistant General Manager, Power. "Our hearts go out to the family, friends and co-workers of our employee."
The station is being partially rebuilt to eliminate the use of ocean water to cool the plant.
The cause of death is under investigation.
department of water and power, body found, long beach, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Southern California heat expected to die down 38 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians