Los Angeles News
Teen who fell, died in Eaton Canyon identified
ALTADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- The identity of a 17-year-old girl who died in a fall from an Eaton Canyon trail Friday has been released.
The coroner's office identified the girl as Esther Yieng Suen of Alhambra.
She was hiking with three other people on a trail in Eaton Canyon just before noon Friday when she and an 18-year-old male hiker fell at least 200 feet. Suen died at the scene, reportedly from head trauma.
The 18-year-old boy was rescued and taken to Huntington Memorial Hospital in critical condition. He is expected to survive.
los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 17 min ago
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown 22 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son