Los Angeles News
Teen who fell, died in Eaton Canyon identified
ALTADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- The identity of a 17-year-old girl who died in a fall from an Eaton Canyon trail Friday has been released.
The coroner's office identified the girl as Esther Yieng Suen of Alhambra.
She was hiking with three other people on a trail in Eaton Canyon just before noon Friday when she and an 18-year-old male hiker fell at least 200 feet. Suen died at the scene, reportedly from head trauma.
The 18-year-old boy was rescued and taken to Huntington Memorial Hospital in critical condition. He is expected to survive.
los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break