Los Angeles News
Teen who fell, died in Eaton Canyon identified
ALTADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- The identity of a 17-year-old girl who died in a fall from an Eaton Canyon trail Friday has been released.
The coroner's office identified the girl as Esther Yieng Suen of Alhambra.
She was hiking with three other people on a trail in Eaton Canyon just before noon Friday when she and an 18-year-old male hiker fell at least 200 feet. Suen died at the scene, reportedly from head trauma.
The 18-year-old boy was rescued and taken to Huntington Memorial Hospital in critical condition. He is expected to survive.
los angeles news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 20 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 31 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 27 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 23 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 24 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq 43 min ago
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks