Los Angeles News
Car lands on roof in Glendale after driver loses control; no one hurt
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver lost control on a steep street and landed on his neighbor's roof in Glendale Saturday. No one was hurt.
Galina Wynn and her husband were in a Cadillac when it went airborne and landed on a neighbor's house. She says they came down the hill and couldn't stop as they turned the corner.
"As soon as we hit the corner, the airbags deployed and I didn't even see where we were going from there," Wynn said.
Wynn says when she opened the door she saw the edge of the roof. The back end of the car came to rest on the edge of a retaining wall.
Paul Harrison, who lives down the street, heard the accident.
"It was just smash, crash, boom!" he said. "And my neighbor says, 'Paul, come quick, I think there's been an accident.'"
He grabbed a ladder and helped the Wynns off the roof. One man was inside the house when the crash happened, but he was not injured.
"There was one person inside the house but not in the area of where the car landed," said Glendale Fire Batt. Chief Ron Gulli.
In order to remove the car, the fire department called for a crane to do the heavy lifting. The car has major damage, and remarkably the roof needs only minor repairs.
"I consider myself and my husband to be very, very lucky," said Wynn.
Glendale police towed the car and they will inspect it to see if it had any mechanical problems.
accident, unbelievable, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill 19 min ago
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018 41 min ago
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video)