Los Angeles News
Car lands on roof in Glendale after driver loses control; no one hurt
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver lost control on a steep street and landed on his neighbor's roof in Glendale Saturday. No one was hurt.
Galina Wynn and her husband were in a Cadillac when it went airborne and landed on a neighbor's house. She says they came down the hill and couldn't stop as they turned the corner.
"As soon as we hit the corner, the airbags deployed and I didn't even see where we were going from there," Wynn said.
Wynn says when she opened the door she saw the edge of the roof. The back end of the car came to rest on the edge of a retaining wall.
Paul Harrison, who lives down the street, heard the accident.
"It was just smash, crash, boom!" he said. "And my neighbor says, 'Paul, come quick, I think there's been an accident.'"
He grabbed a ladder and helped the Wynns off the roof. One man was inside the house when the crash happened, but he was not injured.
"There was one person inside the house but not in the area of where the car landed," said Glendale Fire Batt. Chief Ron Gulli.
In order to remove the car, the fire department called for a crane to do the heavy lifting. The car has major damage, and remarkably the roof needs only minor repairs.
"I consider myself and my husband to be very, very lucky," said Wynn.
Glendale police towed the car and they will inspect it to see if it had any mechanical problems.
accident, unbelievable, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 57 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Tips for adjusting to daylight-saving time 9 min ago
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months