Los Angeles News
Pomona police shooting under investigation
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in Pomona following a fatal officer-involved shooting Monday.
The incident occured on the 500 block of Carruthers Court around 7:30 p.m.
Investigators say Pomona police officers were responding to a family disturbance, when a man holding a large kitchen knife met them.
The man allegedly refused officers orders to drop the knife and got aggressive, resulting in the shooting.
The suspect was transported to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
No one else was injured.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is investigating the shooting.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 56 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
53 min ago