Los Angeles News
Arroyo High School students may have been exposed to tuberculosis
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County health officials are keeping an eye on hundreds of Arroyo High School students due to possible tuberculosis exposure.
The students may have been exposed to tuberculosis while attending summer school last year.
Health officials say in the fall of 2012, they confirmed a person associated with the high school had tuberculosis. The school district was notified this week.
Health officials also started calling parents, so they can have their kids screened.
school, health, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate