Los Angeles News
Laker Jordan Hill's Bentley slams into Marina del Rey condominium building
MARINA DEL REY, Calif. (KABC) -- A luxury car owned by Laker forward Jordan Hill crashed into a Marina del Rey condominium building, leaving plenty of damage behind.
Hill was not driving the newer-model Bentley when it slammed into the front of the Esprit apartments on Marquesas Way around 2 a.m. Sunday.
"We heard a loud bang and then a splash of water, it sounded like someone crashed into the pool," said neighbor Daniel Spielman.
Firefighters said no one was hurt, but they had to cut power and gas to the building as a precaution.
When California Highway Patrol officers arrived on scene, the wrecked car was unoccupied. Investigators eventually tracked down the driver, 26-year-old Michael Lacey, who they said tried to flee the scene. He was arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Lacey and a female passenger suffered minor injuries, but they were not taken to a hospital.
Witness Kara Hatch said she saw the same Bentley speeding down the street about 60 mph earlier in the day.
"We were walking at 8 p.m. and we saw that same car coming down really fast down the road and it was enough to make me stop and say, 'Oh that car might be drunk or something,'" Hatch said.
City News Service contributed to this report.
los angeles lakers, car crash, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut