Los Angeles News
ATM stolen from gas station in Whittier
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A thief made off with an automated teller machine outside a Whittier gas station in a brazen robbery Saturday.
The incident happened at the Chevron station on Whittier Boulevard and Greenleaf Avenue around 6:50 a.m.
Authorities said the suspect pulled up to the gas station in a white pickup truck and then managed to attach something to the cash machine without catching the clerk's attention.
"The clerk heard a thump and saw the truck leaving, dragging the ATM," Whittier police Lt. Mike Przybyl said.
The male suspect was last seen heading west on Whittier Boulevard.
It remains unclear just how much money the thief got away with.
robbery, los angeles news
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 34 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders 53 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge 29 min ago
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke