Los Angeles News
ATM stolen from gas station in Whittier
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A thief made off with an automated teller machine outside a Whittier gas station in a brazen robbery Saturday.
The incident happened at the Chevron station on Whittier Boulevard and Greenleaf Avenue around 6:50 a.m.
Authorities said the suspect pulled up to the gas station in a white pickup truck and then managed to attach something to the cash machine without catching the clerk's attention.
"The clerk heard a thump and saw the truck leaving, dragging the ATM," Whittier police Lt. Mike Przybyl said.
The male suspect was last seen heading west on Whittier Boulevard.
It remains unclear just how much money the thief got away with.
robbery, los angeles news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 13 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour