Los Angeles News
ATM stolen from gas station in Whittier
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A thief made off with an automated teller machine outside a Whittier gas station in a brazen robbery Saturday.
The incident happened at the Chevron station on Whittier Boulevard and Greenleaf Avenue around 6:50 a.m.
Authorities said the suspect pulled up to the gas station in a white pickup truck and then managed to attach something to the cash machine without catching the clerk's attention.
"The clerk heard a thump and saw the truck leaving, dragging the ATM," Whittier police Lt. Mike Przybyl said.
The male suspect was last seen heading west on Whittier Boulevard.
It remains unclear just how much money the thief got away with.
robbery, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 33 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Some CA cities seek water independence 13 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 15 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians