Los Angeles News
LA Sheriff's Department car, van collide near Olvera Street; at least 7 hurt
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- At least seven people were injured in a crash involving a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department vehicle and a van near Olvera Street on Sunday.
The incident was reported at about 10:15 a.m. in the intersection of Arcadia and Main streets in Los Angeles.
A van reportedly ran a red light, struck a sheriff's vehicle, and overturned. Emergency officials said seven people were transported to area hospitals. Four were reported in serious condition, and three were reported in fair condition.
Sheriff's officials say a male deputy was driving the LASD Community Services cruiser with the lights and sirens off at the time of the incident. The deputy was checked out for injuries, which were described as "not serious."
Details surrounding the circumstances of the collision were not immediately released.
los angeles county sheriff's department, car crash, los angeles news
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault 53 min ago
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed 49 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
24 min ago