Los Angeles News
LA Sheriff's Department car, van collide near Olvera Street; at least 7 hurt
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- At least seven people were injured in a crash involving a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department vehicle and a van near Olvera Street on Sunday.
The incident was reported at about 10:15 a.m. in the intersection of Arcadia and Main streets in Los Angeles.
A van reportedly ran a red light, struck a sheriff's vehicle, and overturned. Emergency officials said seven people were transported to area hospitals. Four were reported in serious condition, and three were reported in fair condition.
Sheriff's officials say a male deputy was driving the LASD Community Services cruiser with the lights and sirens off at the time of the incident. The deputy was checked out for injuries, which were described as "not serious."
Details surrounding the circumstances of the collision were not immediately released.
los angeles county sheriff's department, car crash, los angeles news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court 7 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election 53 min ago
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found 40 min ago
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 27 min ago
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film