Los Angeles News
Woman, 65, murdered in Temple City home, police say
TEMPLE CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a 65-year-old woman found dead in her Temple City home by her daughter Sunday was murdered.
The woman's daughter discovered her body around 8:55 a.m. at the home in the 10300 block of Key West Street.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. After a day-long investigation, police determined that the woman had been murdered, although they revealed little information on how or the motive.
Neighbors identified the victim as Carmen Garcia. They said she was a longtime Temple City resident and had been living alone since her husband's death.
Rosemarie Luna, who lives a few doors down, said her husband last saw Garcia on Thursday.
"She didn't look right, she looked despondent, granted her husband passed away four months ago," Luna said.
Investigators said Garcia's daughter had not heard from her mother since Thursday. Neighbors said they heard Garcia's daughters screams when she discovered her mother was dead.
"She was just out of it, she said it was a bloody mess and that it was a burglary," Luna said.
Police said they don't have witnesses to help figure out what happened to Garcia.
"We haven't been able to rule out that there was forced entry" said Lt. Eddie Hernandez with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. "There are no obvious signs of forced entry."
Jimmy Kallas, a tenant who lives in one of the rental properties Garcia owns, said he was stunned by her death.
"She was a wonderful, down-to-Earth lady," Kallas said. "I've known her three months and it's just a heartbreaking thing."
Anyone with information regarding the death was urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
shooting, body found, los angeles news, amy powell
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 39 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 7 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour