Los Angeles News
Westbound 118 Fwy reopened after big rig crash
GRANADA HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- All westbound lanes of the 118 Freeway have reopened following a fatal big rig crash that killed two people Monday.
The lanes were closed at White Oak Avenue around 3:41 a.m. following the fatal crash involving two vehicles and a big rig.
The incident occurred between Reseda and Balboa boulevards.
The accident affected all roads in the area.
The drive was stacked up from Woodley Avenue. Drivers were escorted off the freeway at Balboa Boulevard. Commuters were advised to use the 405 north as an alternate route and exit Rinaldi Street.
The lanes were reopened shortly before 9 a.m.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'