Los Angeles News
Westbound 118 Fwy reopened after big rig crash
GRANADA HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- All westbound lanes of the 118 Freeway have reopened following a fatal big rig crash that killed two people Monday.
The lanes were closed at White Oak Avenue around 3:41 a.m. following the fatal crash involving two vehicles and a big rig.
The incident occurred between Reseda and Balboa boulevards.
The accident affected all roads in the area.
The drive was stacked up from Woodley Avenue. Drivers were escorted off the freeway at Balboa Boulevard. Commuters were advised to use the 405 north as an alternate route and exit Rinaldi Street.
The lanes were reopened shortly before 9 a.m.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
los angeles news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 1 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 27 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
59 min ago