Los Angeles News
Long Beach police car struck by stolen car
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in Long Beach are hunting for a driver who they say slammed a stolen vehicle into a squad car early Monday morning.
Authorities say officers were in the area of 59th Street and Jaymills Avenue searching for a stolen white sedan when the car slammed into a police vehicle on Elm Avenue and 59th Street at 1:31 a.m.
An officer was treated at a local hospital and has since been released. The front end of the Long Beach cruiser was heavily damaged.
The male suspect fled the scene of the accident. A perimeter was established to search for him, but he was not located. A suspect description was not immediately available.
Officers ended their search for him at 4:22 a.m. The suspect remains on the loose.
accident, long beach, los angeles news
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 59 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 29 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
41 min ago
- Website brings history of Los Angeles to life
6 min ago