Los Angeles News
Watts husband killed in confrontation with gunmen
WATTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A couple's confrontation with two gunmen in Watts left a man dead and his wife injured. The suspects remain on the loose.
Homicide detectives spent 10 hours scouring the crime scene for evidence, lifting fingerprints off parked cars and interviewing neighbors.
Authorities say the incident happened at the couple's residence in the 9700 block of Beach Street. The victims heard a car alarm go off at about 11:10 p.m. Sunday and rushed outside.
They were confronted by two men with guns. The confrontation moved inside the apartment and ended with the husband, a man in his 50s, being shot twice in the chest. He was taken to a local hospital, where he died a short time later. His wife was shot in the elbow.
"At this point, it appears he may have been chased into the home. We don't have confirmation, but we do know the suspects did fire their weapons inside of the residence," said LAPD Sgt. Frank Preciado.
Police say the suspects and victims may have known each other. The incident was not believed to be gang-related.
A description of the suspects was not immediately available. Anyone with information is urged to call the police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
south los angeles, shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 20 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 10 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
42 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
50 min ago