Los Angeles News
Downtown Los Angeles fatal hit-and-run suspect sought
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 60-year-old man was killed after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in downtown Los Angeles Monday.
The incident happened at the intersection of 6th and Mateo streets around 7:50 p.m.
Authorities said the man was crossing the street mid-block when he was hit by a driver heading southbound on Mateo Street.
The man, whose identity was not released, was transported County USC Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The suspect's vehicle was described as a light-colored SUV.
Anyone with information regarding the hit-and-run was urged to call Los Angeles police at (877) 527-3247.
hit and run, downtown, los angeles news
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 7 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 27 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution 48 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015 14 min ago
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts 12 min ago