Los Angeles News
Los Feliz Boulevard construction under way
LOS FELIZ, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Drivers who use Los Feliz Boulevard to get around may want to find an alternate route.
Construction is under way on a LADWP project that's set to cause major delays for drivers along Los Feliz Boulevard.
Crews began replacing the underground power infrastructure along Los Feliz Boulevard with a brand new circuit Tuesday. The replacement will alleviate future power outages and provide energy for the next 10 to 15 years.
Phase one of the LADWP Power Reliability Improvement construction project has reduced westbound traffic to one lane on Hillhurst Avenue.
The only left turn drivers are allowed to make at the intersection is from westbound Los Feliz Boulevard southbound onto Hillhurst Avenue.
The construction will be done Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. when traffic is most congested.
The project will cover several blocks of Los Feliz and will be done in three phases. The entire project is expected to be completed sometime in the fall.
L.A. City Councilman Tom LaBonge says this is a needed improvement.
"Ease through it," LaBonge said. "Slow down and pick the radio station you like to hear."
road closure, los feliz, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 22 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 2 min ago
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 53 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced 24 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 46 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book