Los Angeles News
Los Feliz Boulevard construction under way
LOS FELIZ, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Drivers who use Los Feliz Boulevard to get around may want to find an alternate route.
Construction is under way on a LADWP project that's set to cause major delays for drivers along Los Feliz Boulevard.
Crews began replacing the underground power infrastructure along Los Feliz Boulevard with a brand new circuit Tuesday. The replacement will alleviate future power outages and provide energy for the next 10 to 15 years.
Phase one of the LADWP Power Reliability Improvement construction project has reduced westbound traffic to one lane on Hillhurst Avenue.
The only left turn drivers are allowed to make at the intersection is from westbound Los Feliz Boulevard southbound onto Hillhurst Avenue.
The construction will be done Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. when traffic is most congested.
The project will cover several blocks of Los Feliz and will be done in three phases. The entire project is expected to be completed sometime in the fall.
L.A. City Councilman Tom LaBonge says this is a needed improvement.
"Ease through it," LaBonge said. "Slow down and pick the radio station you like to hear."
road closure, los feliz, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster 56 min ago
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour