Los Angeles News
Los Feliz Boulevard construction under way
LOS FELIZ, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Drivers who use Los Feliz Boulevard to get around may want to find an alternate route.
Construction is under way on a LADWP project that's set to cause major delays for drivers along Los Feliz Boulevard.
Crews began replacing the underground power infrastructure along Los Feliz Boulevard with a brand new circuit Tuesday. The replacement will alleviate future power outages and provide energy for the next 10 to 15 years.
Phase one of the LADWP Power Reliability Improvement construction project has reduced westbound traffic to one lane on Hillhurst Avenue.
The only left turn drivers are allowed to make at the intersection is from westbound Los Feliz Boulevard southbound onto Hillhurst Avenue.
The construction will be done Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. when traffic is most congested.
The project will cover several blocks of Los Feliz and will be done in three phases. The entire project is expected to be completed sometime in the fall.
L.A. City Councilman Tom LaBonge says this is a needed improvement.
"Ease through it," LaBonge said. "Slow down and pick the radio station you like to hear."
road closure, los feliz, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Holiday crackdown on jaywalking in downtown LA
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing 24 min ago
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot 11 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
13 min ago