Los Angeles News
Pursuit suspect slammed to pavement, arrested in San Pedro
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A police pursuit and foot chase ended with a suspect slammed to the pavement in San Pedro early Wednesday morning.
The chase started near downtown Los Angeles on the 10 Freeway shortly before 1 a.m. when the driver of a Honda failed to pull over. The man then headed southbound on the 110 Freeway.
Officers said the driver was going as fast as 90 and 120 mph. He finally abandoned his car after crashing it and then tried to hide in an apartment building on 31st Street near Gaffey.
At one point, the man, who police say appeared to be extremely intoxicated, ran out from behind a wall and waved to police.
The man was finally taken into custody by CHP officers at 1:32 a.m. No injuries were reported.
City News Service contributed to this report.
car chase, los angeles news
- I-5 through Grapevine reopens w/ CHP escorts
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed in OC crash; alcohol, speed involved
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Mystery donor gives $50K to MO Salvation Army 48 min ago
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?