Los Angeles News
Pursuit suspect slammed to pavement, arrested in San Pedro
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A police pursuit and foot chase ended with a suspect slammed to the pavement in San Pedro early Wednesday morning.
The chase started near downtown Los Angeles on the 10 Freeway shortly before 1 a.m. when the driver of a Honda failed to pull over. The man then headed southbound on the 110 Freeway.
Officers said the driver was going as fast as 90 and 120 mph. He finally abandoned his car after crashing it and then tried to hide in an apartment building on 31st Street near Gaffey.
At one point, the man, who police say appeared to be extremely intoxicated, ran out from behind a wall and waved to police.
The man was finally taken into custody by CHP officers at 1:32 a.m. No injuries were reported.
City News Service contributed to this report.
car chase, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video