Los Angeles News
Pursuit suspect slammed to pavement, arrested in San Pedro
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A police pursuit and foot chase ended with a suspect slammed to the pavement in San Pedro early Wednesday morning.
The chase started near downtown Los Angeles on the 10 Freeway shortly before 1 a.m. when the driver of a Honda failed to pull over. The man then headed southbound on the 110 Freeway.
Officers said the driver was going as fast as 90 and 120 mph. He finally abandoned his car after crashing it and then tried to hide in an apartment building on 31st Street near Gaffey.
At one point, the man, who police say appeared to be extremely intoxicated, ran out from behind a wall and waved to police.
The man was finally taken into custody by CHP officers at 1:32 a.m. No injuries were reported.
City News Service contributed to this report.
car chase, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 33 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 50 min ago
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 15 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 21 min ago
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks 59 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break