Los Angeles News
Delta Air Lines LAX Terminal 5 set to undergo $229M renovation
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles International Airport is set to undergo a major renovation.
L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa joined Delta Air Lines officials Thursday to announce a $229 million renovation project at LAX's Terminal 5.
The project is set to change everything from the terminal's color scheme to its security checkpoints and boarding gates.
The renovation will take place in several phases and should be completed by 2015.
The terminal will remain open during construction.
The announcement comes just weeks after Delta Air Lines announced plans to expand its operation at the airport.
los angeles international airport, construction, los angeles news
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 40 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 11 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 43 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat 5 min ago
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
2 min ago