Los Angeles News
USA Dance Nationals hits downtown LA for weekend competition
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Tatiana Seliverstova and Teras Savitskyy are among 1,000 competitors in the USA Dance Nationals.
Dancers in the competition range in age from 70 to 7, and they've gathered at the JW Marriott at L.A. LIVE to battle it out for the world title.
"This is the creme de la creme, these are the best dancers in the country," said Ken Richards, vice president of Dance Sport USA.
"Dancing With The Stars" pro Val Chmerkovskiy and his brother Maks competed in the USA Dance Nationals before making their TV debuts. "Dancing With The Stars" judge Bruno Tonioli is also an honorary judge in the competition.
"I really think it should be an Olympic event. These guys are athletes," he said. "It's great to see a whole new generation of kids."
If you want to get up close and personal with the best dancers in the country, the competition goes all weekend long. You can find more information about USA Dance Nationals on their website.
downtown, los angeles news, elex michaelson
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis