Los Angeles News
Metrolink train, dump truck collide in Pacoima; at least 13 hurt
PACOIMA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- At least 13 people were hurt Saturday when a Metrolink train collided with a dump truck in Pacoima.
A Metrolink representative said the truck was crossing the tracks around 2:30 p.m. when it was struck by the train, which was carrying 190 people at the time.
Of the 13 people confirmed hurt, including the truck driver, nine were taken to the hospital with minor injuries. The rest of the passengers were dropped off at the Sylmar Station.
The circumstances surrounding the crash were under investigation.
train accident, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured 12 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million 42 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments