Los Angeles News
East LA seniors get prom help from foundation
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A group of high school seniors from East Los Angeles will have the prom of their dreams, all thanks to a local foundation that helps students succeed.
The students from Lincoln and Wilson high schools picked out dresses, shoes and accessories on Saturday for the biggest dance of the year.
The I Have a Dream Foundation collected the donated prom attire, after learning about the students' struggles to pay for the costly event.
Student Wendy Perez said she found a beautiful dress for prom, as well as a few other items she could use for job interviews.
The students say they're very thankful for the donations.
The foundation works with students in impoverished communities, helping them get a good education and a better life.
los angeles news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video