Los Angeles News
East LA seniors get prom help from foundation
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A group of high school seniors from East Los Angeles will have the prom of their dreams, all thanks to a local foundation that helps students succeed.
The students from Lincoln and Wilson high schools picked out dresses, shoes and accessories on Saturday for the biggest dance of the year.
The I Have a Dream Foundation collected the donated prom attire, after learning about the students' struggles to pay for the costly event.
Student Wendy Perez said she found a beautiful dress for prom, as well as a few other items she could use for job interviews.
The students say they're very thankful for the donations.
The foundation works with students in impoverished communities, helping them get a good education and a better life.
los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role