Los Angeles News
East LA seniors get prom help from foundation
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A group of high school seniors from East Los Angeles will have the prom of their dreams, all thanks to a local foundation that helps students succeed.
The students from Lincoln and Wilson high schools picked out dresses, shoes and accessories on Saturday for the biggest dance of the year.
The I Have a Dream Foundation collected the donated prom attire, after learning about the students' struggles to pay for the costly event.
Student Wendy Perez said she found a beautiful dress for prom, as well as a few other items she could use for job interviews.
The students say they're very thankful for the donations.
The foundation works with students in impoverished communities, helping them get a good education and a better life.
los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs 1 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)