Los Angeles News
Pomona fatal crash: Driver arrested for DUI, manslaughter
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old woman was killed and four others were wounded in a roll-over crash in Pomona. A witness says the driver was throwing beer cans out of the window before the collision.
The incident happened shortly after 1:30 a.m. Sunday in the 1500 block of North San Antonio Avenue.
Police arrested the driver, 20-year-old Raelene Martinez of Ontario, on suspicion of driving under the influence. She is also facing a charge of manslaughter. Investigators are also looking into whether racing may have been a factor.
Investigators say Martinez was traveling northbound on North San Antonio Avenue when she lost control of her 1995 Toyota Camry. Her car rolled over after slamming into several parked cars. One female passenger was pronounced dead at the scene, while Martinez and three other passengers were transported to local hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department's Major Accident Investigation Team at (909) 620-2081.
pomona, dui, car crash, arrest, los angeles news
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area 9 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 1 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping 4 min ago
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
49 min ago