Los Angeles News
Pomona fatal crash: Driver arrested for DUI, manslaughter
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old woman was killed and four others were wounded in a roll-over crash in Pomona. A witness says the driver was throwing beer cans out of the window before the collision.
The incident happened shortly after 1:30 a.m. Sunday in the 1500 block of North San Antonio Avenue.
Police arrested the driver, 20-year-old Raelene Martinez of Ontario, on suspicion of driving under the influence. She is also facing a charge of manslaughter. Investigators are also looking into whether racing may have been a factor.
Investigators say Martinez was traveling northbound on North San Antonio Avenue when she lost control of her 1995 Toyota Camry. Her car rolled over after slamming into several parked cars. One female passenger was pronounced dead at the scene, while Martinez and three other passengers were transported to local hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department's Major Accident Investigation Team at (909) 620-2081.
pomona, dui, car crash, arrest, los angeles news
- Covina shooting: Adult, 4-year-old girl hurt
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl 35 min ago
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)