Los Angeles News
Bicyclist struck, killed by driver in Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A bicyclist was struck and killed by a vehicle early Monday morning in Pomona.
The incident happened at Valley Boulevard and Dupont Street just after midnight. Investigators originally called it a fatal hit-and-run, but they said the driver, 25-year-old William Johnson, contacted police.
Police said the bicyclist, who has not been identified, was riding eastbound on the westbound lanes on Valley Boulevard when he was hit by the driver of a white Mercedes Benz. The area is not well-lit at night.
The impact left the bicycle folded in half. The car's hood was dented and the windshield was broken.According to investigators, Johnson parked the Mercedes down the street from the accident scene and called police. He's being questioned by authorities and has not been placed under arrest.
pomona, car crash, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks