Los Angeles News
Bicyclist struck, killed by driver in Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A bicyclist was struck and killed by a vehicle early Monday morning in Pomona.
The incident happened at Valley Boulevard and Dupont Street just after midnight. Investigators originally called it a fatal hit-and-run, but they said the driver, 25-year-old William Johnson, contacted police.
Police said the bicyclist, who has not been identified, was riding eastbound on the westbound lanes on Valley Boulevard when he was hit by the driver of a white Mercedes Benz. The area is not well-lit at night.
The impact left the bicycle folded in half. The car's hood was dented and the windshield was broken.According to investigators, Johnson parked the Mercedes down the street from the accident scene and called police. He's being questioned by authorities and has not been placed under arrest.
pomona, car crash, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City 53 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour