Los Angeles News
Man uses saws to cut both arms in West Covina Home Depot
WEST COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man walked into a Home Depot in West Covina Wednesday and used saws to cut both of his arms.
The store was closed for business Wednesday afternoon as employees inside cleaned up the bloody scene.
Police say a customer picked up several saws and began cutting into both of his own arms.
"The witnesses said they first noticed him in the action of cutting himself with the saws," said West Covina Police Corporal Rudy Lopez. "The scene itself was quite gruesome."
As 911 was called, an off-duty paramedic happened to be in the same aisle and rushed to help.
"The paramedic suggested that we get some twine and some rags from within the store, at which time when they acquired that, both the officer and the paramedic applied tourniquets to both arms, probably saving his life," said Lopez.
The man was hospitalized in unknown condition. He was not immediately identified. He was in surgery at Queen of the Valley Hospital.
los angeles news, elex michaelson
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 21 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker