Los Angeles News
Maywood vandalism suspect shot by deputies
MAYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Detectives are investigating a vandalism call that led to a deputy-involved shooting in Maywood.
The incident happened near Everett and East 58th Street, where Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies confronted a man and a woman at about 11:40 p.m. Wednesday.
Investigators say the man was acting suspicious and reached for his waistband. That's when deputies opened fire. The man, described as a 31-year-old, is expected to survive.
Officers found a large spray-paint can in his pocket, but no weapon.
Charges are pending against both suspects. No deputies were injured.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
vandalism, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour