Los Angeles News
Man lit on fire by panhandler outside Long Beach convenience store: Long Beach Police
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was lit on fire by a panhandler outside a convenience store in Long Beach Friday afternoon.
The victim was entering a 7-Eleven store on the 5100 block of Pacific Coast Highway in Long Beach at about 5:15 p.m. when he was approached by a transient asking for money. The victim said no.
As the 63-year-old victim came out of the store and entered his vehicle, the 37-year-old transient reportedly doused the victim and the inside of his vehicle with a flammable substance and lit it on fire.
The victim was hospitalized in critical condition with third-degree burns. The transient was arrested. He was expected to be charged with arson and attempted murder.
Police say the two men did not know each other.
arrest, arson, long beach, los angeles news, q mccray
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 6 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 6 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry