Los Angeles News
Girl, 3, hospitalized after hit-run in LA
JEFFERSON PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 3-year-old girl was hospitalized Saturday night after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in the Jefferson Park area of Los Angeles.
The family of the girl, Tiana Griffith, said she was getting ready to go to a birthday party. Griffith was following her cousin across the street in front of her home on St. Andrews Place near 37th Drive when she was struck by the car.
A neighbor who heard the crash and ran outside said the girl was thrown several feet by the impact.
Griffith was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she was undergoing treatment for a fractured hip, a swollen lung, a deep cut over her eye and bruises.
"She's afraid, she's scared. She doesn't really know what's going on, she just wants to go home," said Griffith's aunt, Evadne White.
Los angles police said the female driver was in a white vehicle that sped away southbound on St. Andrew Place.
Griffith's family is asking the driver to surrender to police.
"She has to look at it from a mother's point of view and her family's point of view," White said. "If this was her child or someone in her family, she would want the same thing in return."
Neighbors said drivers do not slow down in the residential area and they want something to change.
Anyone with information on the hit-and-run was asked to call Los Angeles police at (323) 421-2540.
hit and run, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 7 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
59 min ago